Garlic-Basil Tortellini Soup Recipe
I created the recipe through trial and error. I make it with vegetable broth, but feel free to use chicken broth if you prefer. It is a quick fix with frozen pasta and canned beans, it's sure to heat up the chilliest of winter nights.—Linda Kees, Boise, Idaho
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 can (19 ounces) white kidney beans or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter until tender. Stir in the broth, water, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in tortellini. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until tortellini begins to float. Stir in beans and vinegar; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups: 284 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 953mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 15g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 2 lean meat.
Reviews for Garlic-Basil Tortellini Soup
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC