You'll likely reach for this recipe when you have a bumper crop of tomatoes. The distinctive taste of garlic nicely enhances sweet juicy tomatoes.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Recommended: 22 Recipes for Garlic Lovers
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 medium tomatoes
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 to 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cut a thin slice from the top of each tomato. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Invert tomatoes onto paper towels to drain.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl,combine crumbs, garlic, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Stuff tomatoes; place in a greased shallow baking dish. Drizzle with oil. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until stuffing is lightly browned. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Au Gratin Tomatoes in Taste of Home August/September 1996, p41
Reviews forGarlic Au Gratin Tomatoes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 27, 2009
"My husband and I get this request whenever we have the family together. Even though they take some time to prepare, it's worth the effort!"