Garlic Apricot Glazed Chicken
The tender chicken with garlic-apricot glaze prompts sincere compliments. This is an attractive main dish for a group.—Ruby Williams, Bogalusa, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 70 min.
- 9 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 can (49-1/2 ounces) chicken broth, divided
- 4 jars (12 ounces each) apricot preserves
- Place chicken in six greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour about 1 cup broth in each dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes; drain. Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Combine preserves and remaining broth; spoon over chicken. Bake 9-12 minutes longer or until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 322 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Apricot Glazed Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 2000