- 1 beef top sirloin steak (3/4 inch thick and 1 pound)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°. Season steak with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add steak; cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145° for medium-rare doneness. Remove from pan.
- Meanwhile, place pizza crust on an ungreased baking sheet; spread with garlic-herb cheese. Top with spinach and onion.
- Cut steak into slices; arrange on pizza. Top with mushrooms and cheese. Bake 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Cut into 12 pieces. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarlic & Herb Steak Pizza
"I've made this fantastic pizza several times now. As written & adapted in my own way- both ways are equally good ! The only things I've done differently is that I use about three-quarters of the container of garlic-herb cheese spread (6.5 ounce size container) I also cook the spinach, mushrooms and onions together until the spinach is wilted & mushrooms/onions are tender before adding to pizza. Thank you for a great recipe ! Our family really enjoys this pizza !"
"Fabulous pizza, but I do have some suggestions. Cut back all ingredients other than the spread, or you'll have a really deep pizza. Also, I think putting the spread on the crust and leaving it in the oven for a few minutes to get a bit of crust toastiness is beneficial. THEN put on the spinach, onion, meat and cheese. Also, if you like a bit of spiciness, consider sprinkling on some dried chipotle powder. I love the extra kick."
"My husband said this was the best pizza he's ever had. The spreadable cheese makes a really easy, unique, and delicious sauce."