Garden Zucchini & Corn Saute
“This is great with any barbecue main dish, and it’s also the perfect filling for a brunch omelet. It’s even good cold as a salad.” —Trisha Kruse, Eagle, Idaho
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup sliced onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup fresh whole kernel corn
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, saute zucchini and onion in oil until crisp-tender. Add corn and garlic; saute 2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Sprinkle with sugar, salt and lemon-pepper.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 72 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 192mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Corn and Zucchini in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010
Dec 30, 2011
It was good. Next time I will use a little less zucchini.
Oct 21, 2010
This was very delish. I will make this again.
Aug 15, 2010
Delicious! Substituted mushrooms for the corn since we were having corn on the cob already.