Garden Veggie Egg Bake Recipe
- 5 large eggs
- 2 cups egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, egg substitute, cheeses, pepper and pepper sauce. Stir in the vegetables. Transfer to an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 202 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 197mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garden Veggie Egg Bake
"Loved the combo and it tasted great! Will make this again and again, and use whatever veggies I have on hand."
"Yummy! Next time I would omit the brocolli and add asparagus instead. It took closer to an hour to bake. Will make again."
"Wow! We loved this! My normally picky husband gobbled it up. I did cut some of the cheese down and didn't add the tomatoes and it was still delicious! Will definitely be making this again."
"Big hit at my work gathering!"