- 1 unbaked deep-dish pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup diced yellow summer squash
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1-2/3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, mushrooms, squash and garlic in butter until tender. Add spinach; saute 1 minute longer. Spoon into crust; top with cheese. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt, rosemary and pepper until blended; pour over cheese.
- Cover edges of crust loosely with foil. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGarden Vegetable Quiche
"This was delicious served with the Tomato Mozzarella Sauté from the same issue. The only change I made was to substitute zucchini for the mushrooms. I found that I had enough of the egg/cream mixture to make a second quiche; but unfortunately only had one pie crust."
"I only changed mixing Swiss and cheddar instead of only Swiss and it was fantastic. My daughter especially likes how light and fluffy it is."
"Modified it a bit. Omited the crust b/c we wanted to have it w/ english muffins. Added 1/2 lb. cooked turkey sausage after the spinach. Used sweet onion instead of red onion. Also did not have fresh rosemary so I used dried and it still worked good! Yummy!"