Although I enjoy this dish throughout the year, it's even more special when I use my garden to supply the vegetables. A splash of white wine and a sprinkle of fresh basil really add flavor. I have also roasted the vegetables and mixed in chicken breasts with scrumptious results. —Carly Curtin, Ellicott City, Maryland
Featured In: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 2 medium zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, carrot, Italian seasoning and salt in oil until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add broth and wine, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Drain fettuccine. Add the fettuccine, cheese and basil to the skillet and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Primavera in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012, p25
Reviews forGarden Vegetable Primavera
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2012
"It was good but needed more salt."
Reviewed Sep. 10, 2012
"It was easy to make and well liked by all."