Garden Vegetable Pasta Soup
This soup is packed with energy, yet has a nice, mild flavor. The recipe makes a whole gallon, but don't worry about leftovers—like most soups, it's great reheated!
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 50 min.
Makes16 servings (1 gallon)
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped leeks
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 8 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 cups diced turnips
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 6 ounces spinach, cut into thin strips
- 1 pound smoked Polish sausage, thinly sliced and browned
- 1 package (8 ounces) pasta wheels, cooked and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook onion, leeks and garlic in oil until tender, about 5 minutes Add chicken broth, potatoes, carrots, turnips and mushrooms. Cover and cook over low heat until vegetables are tender, about 30-40 minutes. Add spinach and sausage; cook for 10 minutes. Add pasta, salt and pepper; heat through. Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 250 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 893mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 9g protein.
Originally published as Garden Vegetable Soup in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.