Garden Vegetable Kabobs Recipe
When my garden is at its peak, I like to make this colorful entree. Besides the great flavor, I also enjoy its easy preparation and cleanup.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 whole cloves
- Dash dried basil
- 2-1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-1/4-inch pieces
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 2 dozen fresh mushrooms caps
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 1. In a bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside. Assemble kabobs by threading meat and vegetables on metal skewers. Place in a large glass dish. Pour marinade over kabobs; cover and refrigerate 6 hours or overnight. Turn several times.
- 2. To cook, grill kabobs over medium heat until the meat and vegetables have reached desired doneness. Yield: 10 servings.
1 each: 189 calories, 6g fat (0 saturated fat), 74mg cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Garden Vegetable Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC