Garden Tortellini Primavera
This is a great dish which uses delicious summer squash and zucchini from the garden. It is very easy to make and tastes wonderful.—Mary Ann Dell, Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 medium yellow summer squash, chopped
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free creamy Caesar salad dressing
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute yellow squash and zucchini in oil for 4-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain tortellini; transfer to a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, tomatoes, onions and pepper. Drizzle with salad dressing; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and almonds.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 245 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 468mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Tortellini Primavera in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2nd Edition