Garden-Style Beef Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Cook: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Crumble beef into a microwave-safe dish. Add onion and garlic; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon parsley and oregano; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, basil and remaining parsley. Spread 1-1/3 cups meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with 3 noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover loosely and microwave at 50% power for 15-18 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Microwave, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 408 calories, 19g fat (9g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 873mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 3g fiber), 35g protein.
Sep 24, 2017
This recipe was really good and turned out well cooked entirely in the microwave. I made it exactly as written except for swapping out ricotta for the cottage cheese. I also found that I needed to cook the ground beef for about twice as long.
Jul 26, 2015
Our family favorite for about 30 years!