- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1-1/2 cups garden-style pasta sauce
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 6 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- Crumble beef into a microwave-safe dish. Add onion and garlic; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes; stir. Cook 2-3 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the pasta sauce, tomato sauce, 1 tablespoon parsley and oregano; cover and microwave for 2 minutes or until heated through. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, egg, basil and remaining parsley. Spread 1-1/3 cups meat sauce in a greased microwave-safe 11x7-in. baking dish.
- Layer with three noodles, 1 cup cheese mixture and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Cover loosely and microwave at 50% power for 15-18 minutes or until noodles are tender. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Microwave, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGarden-Style Beef Lasagna
"This recipe was really good and turned out well cooked entirely in the microwave. I made it exactly as written except for swapping out ricotta for the cottage cheese. I also found that I needed to cook the ground beef for about twice as long."
"Our family favorite for about 30 years!"