Garden Squash Ravioli
I created this dish to make the most of an overabundance of yellow squash and zucchini from our garden. It was a hit with the whole family. It's so easy to ladle the homemade sauce over quick-cooking frozen ravioli for a satisfying dinner. -Teri Christensen, West Jordan, Utah
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen miniature cheese ravioli
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the squash, zucchini, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain ravioli; top with sauce.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 269 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 14g protein.
Feb 21, 2010
This recipe was good. We added mushrooms,and used a spinich and cheese ravioli, And pan cooked the veggies in the tomato sauce while the ravioli cooked. We will make it again