I created this dish to make the most of an overabundance of yellow squash and zucchini from our garden. It was a hit with the whole family. It's so easy to ladle the homemade sauce over quick-cooking frozen ravioli for a satisfying dinner. -Teri Christensen, West Jordan, Utah
Recommended: 42 Better-for-You Pasta Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen miniature cheese ravioli
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cans (one 15 ounces, one 8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook ravioli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the squash, zucchini, tomato sauce and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Drain ravioli; top with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Squash Ravioli in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p27
Reviews forGarden Squash Ravioli
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2010
"This recipe was good. We added mushrooms,and used a spinich and cheese ravioli, And pan cooked the veggies in the tomato sauce while the ravioli cooked. We will make it again"