Not only is this summer side dish something to look at, it's a treat for the taste buds, too. The medley of textures and garden-fresh ingredients perfectly compliment one another for a delightfully different potato salad. —Marilyn Haynes, Sylacauga, Alabama
Featured In: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 large cucumbers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup snipped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the cucumbers, onion and 1/4 cup vinegar. Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining vinegar; sprinkle with garlic, salt, celery seed and pepper. Cool.
- Add the spinach, bacon, dill, oil and cucumber mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature or chilled. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Garden Spinach-Potato Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2011, p226