Garden Spaghetti Salad
This refreshing salad is very popular with my family, especially in summer when crisp sweet corn is fresh. It is particularly good alongside a grilled meat entree. —Gloria O'Bryan, Boulder, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen corn
- 2 cups cooked fresh or frozen lima beans
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Dash pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; toss with oil. Add the next five ingredients; stir in three-fourths of the bacon.
- In a small bowl, whisk all dressing ingredients. Pour over spaghetti mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining bacon. Serve immediately or chill.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 219 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 261mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Jun 13, 2018
This is one of my favorite summer salads. Since I'm not a fan of lima beans, I just substitute fresh, steamed green beans instead. It's a keeper!
Jun 25, 2017
This recipe is full of ingredients that fit togther nicely. We love it!!