Garden Snake Sandwiches
Frozen dough streamlines assembly of this sandwich arranged like a slithering snake. Curry, raisins and sunflower kernels flavor the chicken salad inside.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner rolls, thawed
- 3-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 3 tablespoons sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 12 lettuce leaves
- 12 tomato slices
- 2 ripe olive slices
- 1 green onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Arrange rolls in an S shape 1/2 in. apart on a large greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30-35 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 350° for 12-17 minutes or until golden brown. Carefully remove to a wire rack.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken, mayonnaise, celery, raisins, sunflower kernels, salt, pepper and curry powder. Split rolls in half horizontally (do not separate rolls). Layer with chicken mixture, lettuce and tomato slices; replace roll tops.
- Use toothpicks to attach olive slices to first sandwich for snake's eyes. cut green portion of onion into tongue shape; insert into sandwich. Place cherry tomato halves on remaining sandwiches; secure with toothpicks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 260 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 388mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.