As part of our final exam in a gourmet cooking class, we had to improve upon an existing recipe and serve it to the other students. This was my class-approved creation. --GaleLynn Peterson, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the tomato, garlic, salt and cumin. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
To give the Garden Skillet a little more heat, toss in strips of jalapeno peppers and serve with taco sauce on the side.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 224 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 399mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Garden Skillet in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.