As part of our final exam in a gourmet cooking class, we had to improve upon an existing recipe and serve it to the other students. This was my class-approved creation. --GaleLynn Peterson, Long Beach, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 3 medium zucchini, julienned
- 4 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 can (14 ounces) bean sprouts, drained
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 3/4 cup julienned green pepper
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the zucchini, carrots, bean sprouts, onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add the tomato, garlic, salt and cumin. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through.
To give the Garden Skillet a little more heat, toss in strips of jalapeno peppers and serve with taco sauce on the side.