Garden Skillet Supper
Our family gave this dish its name bedause I use whichever vegetables are in season in our garden patch. We grow and sell flowers, hergbs, grapes, pumpkins and fruit plus eggs and honey—all on 3-1/2 acres of land!—Suzan Hatcher, Sand Springs, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 pound ground beef, browned and drained
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- Cook rice according to package directions. In a large skillet. Saute garlic, onion and peppers in oil until tender. Stir in browned beef, tomatoes and rice; cook until heated through.
Originally published as Garden Skillet Supper in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips