- 8 ounces uncooked small pasta shells
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding the peas during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking time. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, peas, celery, red pepper and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, basil, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over pasta mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forGarden Shell Salad
"Everyone I have tried this on loves it including me. I also use only 1 cup of peas and add a bit more red pepper, basil, and sometimes some green onion for variety. It is among a very few recipes my husband will eat leftovers which is saying a lot!"
"I forgot the mustard, but it is an easy, excellent recipe! We loved it!"
"I've made this often. Wonderful recipe. I use one cup of peas though. 2 cups is too much for me. Many have asked me for this recipe. I noticed one person stated they omitted the vinegar, basil and mustard. The dressing is what makes the recipe. Highly recommend not dong that. LOL!"
"Used regular mayo and regular balsamic vinegar I had on hand. Omitted the red pepper and added chopped tomato. Excellent! Will be making this often!"