- 6 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green pepper, onions, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, oil, jalapeno and seasonings. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Reviews forGarden Salsa
"A lot of reviews here say to take out the vinegar. I MUST DEFEND THE VINEGAR. I was trying to make salsa from a different recipe and it just felt like it was missing something. I found this recipe and added the vinegar and that was it!! (I had already put in lime juice as some had suggested substituting, so lime juice is good, but didn't "hit the spot" like the vinegar did)."
"Definitely my favorite salsa. Perfect for any potluck!"
"I've been making this since TOH first published it. I love that it doesn't call for cilantro. I'm not a fan. I only make 2 slight changes to the recipe: My bf doesn't like vinegar, so I use lime juice instead. Also, I don't seed the jalapenos (and I don't measure them... I just add the whole pepper), and I add closer to 1 tsp. of cayenne pepper because we like it extra spicy. Everybody loves it!"
"Great taste doesn't need cilantro. I have two family members who despise cilantro they will love it!"
"We love this recipe. We make it when our veggies are fresh from our garden."
"Good one with Lal"
"this is nice... and awesome"