Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup V8 juice
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, saute the broccoli, red pepper, carrot, mushrooms, celery and garlic in oil for 3 minutes. Add V8 juice and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Stir in the peas, salt and pepper; simmer 2 minutes longer or until peas are tender.
- Drain fettuccine; add to vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 310 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 529mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 6g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Jul 16, 2014
May increase the amount of V8 next time; found it to be a little flavorless. Felt it was a healthy choice, though.
Aug 1, 2010
I needed about 1 1/4 cups of the V8 juice. The initial amount cooked off too quickly. Fresh and healthy dish that we would make again!
Apr 8, 2010
Using V8 is much better than canned tomatoes
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.