Garden Party Salad
I knew I had to add this salad to my collection as soon as I sampled it at a garden club supper. I wasn't alone...everyone asked the woman who brought it for the recipe!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a small bowl, whisk first six ingredients until smooth; chill. Just before serving, combine chicken, raisins, almonds and parsley in a large bowl; add dressing and toss.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 455 calories, 26g fat (5g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 168mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Originally published as Garden Party Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook