Garden Olive Salad
"WE KNEW Mom had been shopping if we had this salad. The ingredients were always fresh. I can't remember on December Saturday that she didn't manage to serve our favorite salad."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 medium head iceberg lettuce, torn
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- Salad dressing of your choice
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add dressing and toss. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 94 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Garden Olive Salad in Reminisce Extra December 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.