Garden Macaroni Salad
Mustard and dill give this colorful salad a wonderful flavor, different from other pasta salads.
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 4 ounces Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 1-1/2 teaspoons dill weed
- Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the macaroni, broccoli, onion, carrot, cucumber, peas, radishes and cheese.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar and dill. Pour over macaroni mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 314 calories, 26g fat (6g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 247mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Macaroni Salad in Country Extra March 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.