Garden Herb Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup milk, sour cream and mustard until blended. Add to baking mix mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg with remaining milk; brush over tops. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Jan 4, 2018
I made this recipe for a topping on a turkey pot pie. It added great flavor to the pie. I omitted the cheese and green onions. Otherwise, it's a winner of a recipe.It was easy to prepare, especially since it started with a baking mix. This Volunteer Field Editor deems it a keeper.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.