Garden Herb Drop Biscuits
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2-1/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon 2% milk, divided
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large bowl, mix the first eight ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk 2/3 cup milk, sour cream and mustard until blended. Add to baking mix mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. In a small bowl, whisk egg with remaining milk; brush over tops. Bake 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 4, 2018
I made this recipe for a topping on a turkey pot pie. It added great flavor to the pie. I omitted the cheese and green onions. Otherwise, it's a winner of a recipe.It was easy to prepare, especially since it started with a baking mix. This Volunteer Field Editor deems it a keeper.