Garden Ham ‘n’ Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, carrots and zucchini. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cream, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and corn; cook until heated through.
- Drain noodle mixture; stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 354 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 9, 2014
This is a good recipe for a base but I definitely had to make some changes...here's how I made it and it was delicious: I used the amount of pasta and ham called for but doubled the vegetables and substituted peas for the corn. I shredded a combination of asiago, romano and parmesan to equal about 2 cups of cheese total. I also doubled the amount of sauce ingredients and added pepper and paprika but because the sauce never "thickened", I added the cheese to the sauce, making sure it was on a low setting, so as not to scorch. The rest was per the recipe. I gave it 4 stars because it was delicious but I felt like the recipe contents needed some serious doctoring!
Jan 26, 2012
I've made this dish several times. I love the flavor, but the sauce is a little wimpy, very thin. I usually put lots more zucchini and carrots than called for, and the combination of those with the ham and noodles is still a good dish in spite of the sauce.
Aug 19, 2010
it was not to our liking
Oct 16, 2009