Garden Ham ‘n’ Noodles
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 4 cups water
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add the noodles, carrots and zucchini. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, combine the cream, milk and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and corn; cook until heated through.
- Drain noodle mixture; stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with cheese; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 354 calories, 18g fat (10g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 858mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 2g fiber), 16g protein.
Aug 9, 2014
This is a good recipe for a base but I definitely had to make some changes...here's how I made it and it was delicious: I used the amount of pasta and ham called for but doubled the vegetables and substituted peas for the corn. I shredded a combination of asiago, romano and parmesan to equal about 2 cups of cheese total. I also doubled the amount of sauce ingredients and added pepper and paprika but because the sauce never "thickened", I added the cheese to the sauce, making sure it was on a low setting, so as not to scorch. The rest was per the recipe. I gave it 4 stars because it was delicious but I felt like the recipe contents needed some serious doctoring!
Jan 26, 2012
I've made this dish several times. I love the flavor, but the sauce is a little wimpy, very thin. I usually put lots more zucchini and carrots than called for, and the combination of those with the ham and noodles is still a good dish in spite of the sauce.
Aug 19, 2010
it was not to our liking
Oct 16, 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.