- 4 quarts water
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 6 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 medium zucchini, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cook for 1 minute. Add noodles; cook for 2 minutes. Add zucchini; cook 4-5 minutes longer or until noodles and vegetables are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the cream, milk and salt to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Stir in ham and corn; heat through. Drain noodle mixture; stir into ham mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forGarden Ham 'n' Noodles
"This is a good recipe for a base but I definitely had to make some changes...here's how I made it and it was delicious: I used the amount of pasta and ham called for but doubled the vegetables and substituted peas for the corn. I shredded a combination of asiago, romano and parmesan to equal about 2 cups of cheese total. I also doubled the amount of sauce ingredients and added pepper and paprika but because the sauce never "thickened", I added the cheese to the sauce, making sure it was on a low setting, so as not to scorch. The rest was per the recipe. I gave it 4 stars because it was delicious but I felt like the recipe contents needed some serious doctoring!"
"I've made this dish several times. I love the flavor, but the sauce is a little wimpy, very thin. I usually put lots more zucchini and carrots than called for, and the combination of those with the ham and noodles is still a good dish in spite of the sauce."
"it was not to our liking"