- 4 cups cut fresh green beans (2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute mushrooms, onion if desired and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in water chestnuts and seasonings; heat through. Drain beans and stir into skillet. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forGarden Green Beans
"We love it this recipe! (We use more onion and mushrooms and omit the water chestnuts.) The flavor is special enough for company, but the ingredients are often "on hand". My best friend suggested this recipe more than a decade agp. Now my mom and sister-in-law make these too. Thanks for sharing, Diane!"
"easy and different way to serve green beans. I took this to a potluck today and received compliments. I love the fact that the ingredients are pretty basic and that it's low in fat, carbs and calories. When I make it again I am going to add some chopped red bell pepper to the sautéed vegetables for a little burst of color."
"I make this recipe all of the time. This is our favorite way to serve green beans!!"