When my sons were growing up, they preferred their green beans cold. So I started adding green beans to salads. This recipe is great to make in advance because the longer it marinates, the better it tastes. —JoAnn Handley, Mount Dora, Florida
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Summer Salads
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, bring 8 cups water to a boil. Add beans in batches; cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Remove beans and immediately drop into ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place beans and onion in a bowl. In another bowl, whisk vinaigrette, oil, lemon juice, herbs and seasoned salt. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Refrigerate, covered, at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Garden Green Bean Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p202