Garden Fresh Summer Vegetable Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh baby carrots
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, carrots, onion, tomatoes and zucchini. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 17, 2015
I thought this salad was just okay, but not great. It did go together very quickly though and would be easy to double for a crowd if you like it.
Aug 27, 2012
I made this salad for a pot luck at church. I made the dressing the day before. Tasted better the next day.The salad was a hit. Ok I added some things that wasn't in the recipes. I added mushrooms, broccoli, and those small peppers that are green, red and yellow and such .Everyone loved the salad and wanted the recipe. I doubled the recipe and dressing for the pot luck. Was great and I will make it again.I loved it
Jul 12, 2010
I made this to take to a family reunion. Everyone loved it. I added mushrooms to mine. I will be making this often.
Jun 30, 2009
This is an excellent, fresh salad. I used extra-virgin olive oil (which I keep on hand)for the dressing, but the taste was too heavy for me. I tried extra-light olive oil and loved it.