VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 bunches rainbow Swiss chard, coarsely chopped (about 16 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 6-qt. stockpot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth and chard; cook and stir 5-6 minutes or until chard is tender. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garden-Fresh Rainbow Chard in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016