Fresh vegetables right from the garden make this a special dish that is quick, easy, economical and downright delicious! Sometimes I add snow peas, too. —Jan Huntington, Painesville, Ohio
Recommended: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) fettuccine
- 1 large zucchini, julienned
- 2 medium green peppers or sweet red peppers, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, peppers and onions in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and pepper flakes; saute 4-5 minutes. Drain pasta. Transfer to a large bowl; add vegetable mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garden-Fresh Fettuccine in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p21
Reviews forGarden-Fresh Fettuccine
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2012
"Delicious side dish, particularly in the summer."
Reviewed Jun. 16, 2011
"Loved it! My 4 and 5 year old daughters even liked it and all the leftovers were gobbled up, too!"