Garden Fresh Breakfast
Here in northwest Missouri, we have an abundance of zucchini, peppers, onions and tomatoes. So I make this attractive garden recipe a lot, and that pleases my hungry family!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tomato, diced and seeded
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, zucchini, green pepper and onions in butter for 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in tomato.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cut into wedges to serve.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 182 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 169mg cholesterol, 510mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook