Here in northwest Missouri, we have an abundance of zucchini, peppers, onions and tomatoes. So I make this attractive garden recipe a lot, and that pleases my hungry family!
Recommended: 25 Healthy Zucchini Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium tomato, diced and seeded
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a large skillet, saute mushrooms, zucchini, green pepper and onions in butter for 5 minutes or until tender; drain. Stir in tomato.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, mustard, salt and pepper. Pour over vegetables. Cover and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until eggs are set. Sprinkle with cheese and paprika. Cut into wedges to serve. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Garden Fresh Breakfast in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p30