Garden-Fresh Black Bean Salsa
After taking an inventory of all the fresh produce from my mom's garden, we created this fresh salsa recipe. It's a hit every summer when the harvest comes in. —Erin Davis, Grand Rapids, Minnesota
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes32 servings (1/4 cup each)
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over salsa; toss to combine. Refrigerate, covered, until serving.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 17 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 101mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Bountiful Fresh Salsa in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.