- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pounds frozen cod or haddock fillets, thawed
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Drizzle with butter over eight pieces of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Cut fish into eight portions; place one portion on each piece of foil. Sprinkle all with seasoned salt and lemon-pepper. Top only four pieces of fish with vegetables and cheese (leave four plain). Loosely wrap foil around fish; seal top and sides. Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 23-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Carefully open foil; transfer fish and vegetables to serving plates. Refrigerate the plain fish to use for the Gone Fishin' Chowder and Fried Fish Nuggets. Yield: 4 servings plus 3 cups cooked fish.
Reviews forGarden Fish Packets
"My family loves this recipe. Turns out perfect every time. You can switch up veggies to fit everyone's liking"
"My intire family loved this dish. We put it on rice and got rid of the mushrooms and it was delicious."
"Love these!! I make a single batch with the veggies only. This was initially in the magazine to make extra to use in another recipe. So use half the cod for a single dinner."