Garden Crescent Rolls
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup warm tomato juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine contents of the roll mix and yeast packets. Stir in the tomato juice, water, egg and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the carrot, celery and onion; stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end.
- Place, point side down, 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 153 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 336mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 18, 2015
My mom made these & I lost the recipe.I made it using the updated method here & it is the same as I remember, though next time I will probably not buy the mix.My mom always put a drop of Tabasco sauce in each crescent before rolling.I was out so put a little cayenne pepper in the parmesan /garlic powder mix.I also added minced garlic to the veggies. Thank you so much Dawn Conlan for giving me back this great recipe! I froze 1/2the dough b4 rolling it out so I can enjoy again soon!
Dec 28, 2009
I have been hunting for this recipe for years . delicious!