- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1/2 cup warm tomato juice (120° to 130°)
- 1/2 cup warm water (120° to 130°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divide
- 1 tablespoon grated carrots
- 1 tablespoon minced celery
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a bowl, combine roll mix and contents of yeast packet; mix well. Stir in tomato juice, water, egg and 2 tablespoons of butter. Add carrot, celery and onion; stir until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead for 5 minutes. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide dough in half; roll each portion into a 12-in. circle. Brush with remaining butter. Combine Parmesan cheese and garlic powder; sprinkle over dough. Cut each circle into eight wedges; roll up wedges from the wide end. Place, point side down, 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 25 minutes. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 16 rolls.
Reviews forGarden Crescent Rolls
"My mom made these & I lost the recipe.I made it using the updated method here & it is the same as I remember, though next time I will probably not buy the mix.My mom always put a drop of Tabasco sauce in each crescent before rolling.I was out so put a little cayenne pepper in the parmesan /garlic powder mix.I also added minced garlic to the veggies. Thank you so much Dawn Conlan for giving me back this great recipe! I froze 1/2the dough b4 rolling it out so I can enjoy again soon!"
"I have been hunting for this recipe for years . delicious!"