Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 50 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 medium tomato, peeled and diced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and celery in butter for 5 minutes. Add flour, salt and pepper; stir to form a smooth paste. Gradually add broth, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add tomato, broccoli, carrots, corn and zucchini; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cream and cheese; heat through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 261 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 709mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 6, 2013
This soup is sooooo good, very colorful it reminds me of a vegetable garden. I sub fat free chicken broth and fat free 1/2-n-1/2 I also add about a cup of chopped ham extra lean uncured if I can find it if not uncured bacon also is great.
Nov 29, 2010
I loved this recipe, but admit that I made a couple of changes; I used homemade chicken stock and added 2 c. diced cubed chicken. Our family doesn't like green peppers so I omitted them.