Garden Bounty Beef Kabobs Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green or sweet red pepepr, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-in. slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound large fresh mushrooms
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the dipping sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 369 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Reviews for Garden Bounty Beef Kabobs
"these were so, so good! i really love the dipping sauce! the marinade isn't overpowering - just really enhances the beef. we used pre-cut stirfry meat but next time will opt for the sirloin. our propane tank was empty so we did them in the oven - just 10 min at 450 and they were just right. will definitley make again and again."
"easy to make and pleasantly surprised how good it was because I used stewing beef and only marinaded for 30 mins. The dipping sauce taste like onion dip you use with potato chips, but took on a whole new flavor with the grilled vegetables. We even dipped the marinated beef in the dipping sauce, very good!"