Garden Bounty Beef Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Grill: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large green or sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-in. slices
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 pound large fresh mushrooms
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; add the beef. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and vegetables.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 12-16 minutes or until beef reaches desired doneness, turning occasionally.
- In a small saucepan, combine the dipping sauce ingredients. Cook over low heat until heated through. Serve with kabobs.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 369 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 35g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Sep 1, 2014
these were so, so good! i really love the dipping sauce! the marinade isn't overpowering - just really enhances the beef. we used pre-cut stirfry meat but next time will opt for the sirloin. our propane tank was empty so we did them in the oven - just 10 min at 450 and they were just right. will definitley make again and again.
Jul 25, 2009
Easy to make and pleasantly surprised how good it was because I used stewing beef and only marinaded for 30 mins. The dipping sauce taste like onion dip you use with potato chips, but took on a whole new flavor with the grilled vegetables. We even dipped the marinated beef in the dipping sauce, very good!