Garbanzo-Vegetable Green Curry
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups frozen cauliflower
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk
- 1/4 cup green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1-1/2 cups frozen peas
- 2 packages (8.8 ounces each) ready-to-serve long grain rice
- 1/2 cup lightly salted cashews
- In a large skillet, combine cauliflower, beans, coconut milk, curry paste and salt. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the skillet. Stir in peas. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Sprinkle cauliflower mixture with cashews. Serve with rice.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with 2/3 cup rice: 516 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 646mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 10g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 4, 2014
This was fantastic! I used red curry instead of green-- I've never had green curry and I have a toddler and knew that red curry wouldn't be so spicy-- and low fat coconut milk. I'm not sure what happened, but somehow it ended up being very liquid-y and took a while to thicken. Once it finally did, all was well, though. I loved that this was filling without being heavy. I will definitely make this again! (And I may even try yellow curry at some point, or different veggies.)
Oct 20, 2013
This was a very quick dinner to prepare. My advantage is my pantry being stocked for foods I like best. My love for Thai food and curries means I usually have canned coconut milk and prepared curries on hand. I also keep a variety of frozen vegetables In the freezer and canned beans in my pantry. When I read the ingredients I didn't have to purchase any extra ingredients. My husband and I loved it for the great flavor and I also loved the convenience! It also has become a staple in our menus of no meat meals. Thank you!