Garbanzo Bean Tomato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- In a bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beans; toss to coat. Place tomatoes in a serving bowl. Top with onion. Sprinkle with basil and remaining salt and pepper. Top with bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Toss just before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 152 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 493mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 4g protein.
Jun 2, 2011
It was good enough the way it was, but I think I will add a little more vinegar next time or maybe lemon juice. Also added some feta cheese, and a little more basil, since I love basil. Maybe a little garlic? But it was still very good, and I will make it again with modifications.