Garbanzo Bean Salad
I received the greatest compliment when I took this salad to our daughter's preschool potluck...and came home this an empty bowl! I've given the recipe away many times over the years.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. For dressing, combine all ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid. Pour over salad; toss to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 121 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 319mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Garbanzo Bean Salad in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.