Garbanzo Bean Medley
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small skillet, saute zucchini in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese.
3/4 cup: 157 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 354mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Dec 31, 1969
Nice change from a daily salad,
Aug 15, 2009
It was okay. It got extra stars because it's so healthy.