I'm a vegetarian looking for tasty dishes without meat. This Italian bean recipe is fast, flavorful and filling. I serve it as a side dish, but it's good as a main course as well. Sprinkle feta cheese on top for a change of pace.
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes to Make This Winter
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 small zucchini, cubed
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a small skillet, saute zucchini in oil until tender. Add garlic; saute 1 minute longer. Stir in the garbanzo beans, tomatoes, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garbanzo Bean Medley in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p33
Reviews forGarbanzo Bean Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review