Game Day Bourbon-Glazed Caramel Corn
This version of a classic childhood treat is a grown-up riff on the bourbon-combo that’s so popular in cocktails. It’s a great snack for adults on game day. —Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 6 quarts air-popped popcorn
- 3 cups mixed nuts (pecan halves, unblanched almonds, hazelnuts and unsalted cashews)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and nuts in a large bowl. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, bourbon, salt and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; cook and stir for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 514 calories, 38g fat (8g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Bourbon and Ginger Glazed Caramel Corn in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.