This is a grown-up version of a favorite kid's treat. The bourbon and ginger combination that is so good in cocktails now finds a home in a munchie that is perfect for game day snacking!—Sally Sibthorpe, Shelby Township, Michigan
Recommended: 50 Pumpkin Patch Copycat Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 quarts air-popped popcorn
- 3 cups mixed nuts (pecan halves, unblanched almonds, hazelnuts and unsalted cashews)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Place popcorn and nuts in a large bowl. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, bourbon, salt and ginger. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally; cook and stir for 6 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla and baking soda (mixture will foam). Quickly pour over popcorn and mix well.
- Transfer to two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Bake at 250° for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove to waxed paper to cool completely. Store in airtight containers. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Game Day Bourbon-Glazed Caramel Corn in TasteofHome.com 2017